Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sick Babies

I have determined the worst part of single motherhood. Even worse than the celibate lifestyle and lack of sleep is when your babies are sick. How is it possible to comfort two sick babies at one time??? Lyric is soo soo sick today she has been asleep for 20 of the last 24 hours and has a fever of 104 degrees. (could explain the birthday meltdown yesterday). She cant stand up and has peed the bed 3 times because she cant move. She needs me touching her at all times. Kaliya is only mildly sick in comparison but enough that noone but mommy is acceptable. I've only left their side to pee and even then they both sob the whole time. All I can think of is what if I were sick right now too??? What would I do?? If you are reading this please send positive healing vibes to my babies and strength for me to make it through what is sure to be an exhausting night.

No comments: